Meet the IBCLC
Elizabeth Kelly, MS, RN, IBCLC, has had a passion for women's & reproductive health from the start. As she worked in various healthcare settings as both a nurse and midwife, she learned she had a particular love for helping breastfeeding families. After obtaining her IBCLC certification in 2012, she began work as a lactation consultant at Northwestern Medicine's Prentice Women's Hospital, where she was privileged to provide care to over 600 breastfeeding families. Elizabeth founded Third Coast Lactation out of a desire to provide more comprehensive care to breastfeeding families than the reality of hospital-based practice allows. Although currently providing care solely as a lactation consultant, she brings a wealth of both professional and life experience to each client's distinct situation.
Elizabeth lives in the Lincoln Square neighborhood of Chicago with her husband and kids. In her rare spare time, she enjoys traveling, reading, knitting, & exploring the city.
Why choose an IBCLC?
• The only professional, board-certified lactation credential in existence.
• Thorough certification process ensures current knowledge of evidence-based practices.
• Respected by all members of the healthcare team.
• Practice governed by IBLCE's Clinical Competencies, Scope of Practice, and Code of Professional Conduct.
• Honors B.S. in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Marquette University
• B.S. in Nursing, Columbia University
• M.S. in Midwifery & Women's Health, Columbia University